- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Linda M. Malone, 93, of Jackson passed away Thursday, Nov. 9, 2006, at Monticello House.
She was born Oct. 25, 1913, near Fruitland, the second child of Christian and Caroline Friedrich Pensel. She and James Lloyd "Pat" Malone were married Dec. 13, 1947. They enjoyed 22 years of marriage prior to his death Oct. 20, 1970.
Linda's fondest memories were of her childhood years spent on the family farm, walking to the former Schoenebeck School with her brother, Louie, and attending services at St. John's United Church of Christ near Fruitland.
Upon moving to Jackson, she worked several years at the former Jackson Hosiery Mill, and then as a cook at the former Terrace Restaurant. She was a long-time member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson, where she formerly coordinated the church bus route and was active in various circles.
Loving survivors include a daughter, Donna (Bruce) Dockins of Jackson; two grandchildren, Christi (Rick) Guilliams, Jamey (Dee Dee) Dockins, all of Jackson; three great-grandchildren, Rebecca Guilliams, Madalyn Dockins and Jonathan Dockins, all of Jackson.
Also surviving is a niece, Mary Katherine (Bob) Feemster of Jackson; three nephews, Carl (Dorothy) Pensel of Jackson, Ray (Mary Ann) Pensel of Cape Girardeau, Gerald (Mary Sue) Pensel of St. Louis; and Donna Pensel of Jackson (wife of the late Harold Pensel).
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a brother and sister-in-law, Louis R. and Edna Pensel (Sept. 6, 1999, and Jan. 2, 1986); a great-granddaughter, Callie Allison Dockins (Jan. 24, 2003); and a nephew, Harold Pensel (Sept. 17, 2006).
Friends may call today from 4 to 7 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, with the Rev. Richard Combs officiating. Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to New McKendree United Methodist Church, Southeast Hospice, or Wrapped with Love.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.