- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- John Ervin Chanley, 68, of East Prairie died Sunday, Nov. 5, 2006, at his home.
He was born May 6, 1938, in East Prairie, son of John Daniel and Alma Ester Flick Chanley. He and Martha Sue Reed were married Aug. 16, 1956, in Corinth, Miss.
Chanley lived in Mississippi County most of his life. He was a retired postal carrier, having worked 31 years at East Prairie post office.
Survivors include his wife; a son, John Chanley of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Deborah Bailey of East Prairie, Carol Chanley of Gulf Breeze, Fla., Judy Chanley of Navarre, Fla.; a brother, Lacy Chanley of East Prairie; two sisters, Janie Parham of East Prairie, Susan Bradford of Belleview, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home, with George White officiating. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.