- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
John York, 50, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Nov. 6, 2006, at his home.
He was born June 2, 1956, in Cape Girardeau son of Jack and Ellen York.
York was a custodian with Cape Girardeau School District.
He served in the U.S. Army from 1980 to 1982.
Survivors include a sister, Patty Lunsford of Cape Girardeau; wife, Nancy York of Scott City; three brothers, Forest Zook of Cape Girardeau, Jack York of Macclenny, Fla., Jim Robison of Crestview, Fla.; and a sister, Mary Russell of Cape Girardeau.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe McCullough officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery. Military honors will be conducted by Missouri Military Honors Team.