- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
George L. Sanders, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Nov. 3, 2006, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born April 4, 1925, in Vienna, Ill., son of John M. and Winnie Albritten Sanders. He and Helen Priest were married Dec. 15, 1959, in St. Louis. She died Feb. 18, 2000.
He was a mechanic for Preston Trucking Co. in St. Louis more than 30 years.
He is survived by two brothers, Wendell Sanders of Spring Hill, Fla., Charles Sanders of California; and two sisters, Evangeline Shelton and Opal Jones of Spring Hill.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. today at Lorimier Cemetery.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.