- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
* Individual/group lessons: Former Southeast Missouri State standout and current professional baseball player Zach Borowiak is offering individual and group training for youngsters through high school age at the Prospect Sports Academy indoor training facility, located at 9727 Highway 61 in Jackson. Info: Borowiak, (618) 534-9920.
* League registration: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's 2007 men's basketball league will accept registration through Dec. 8, and a managers meeting is set for 6:30 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Osage Community Centre. The league begins Jan. 4 and will include five divisions. Games will be played Monday through Thursday nights and Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons each week. Games will be played at A.C. Brase Arena and the Osage Community Centre. The cost is $279 per team. Info: Jared, 335-5421.
* Youth tournament: The Chaffee Traveling Basketball League will host the second annual Chaffee Youth Basketball Tournament from Dec. 11 through 16. The round-robin tournament is open to teams in third through sixth grades. The entry fee is $75 per team. Games will be played Monday, Tuesday and Thursday through Saturday with start times of 6, 7 and 8 p.m. on weekdays. Info: Mike Johnson, (573) 887-3947, or Chris Johnson, (573) 887-6029.
* Officials meeting: The Heartland Officials Association will have its monthly meeting 6 p.m. today in Room 107 of the Student Recreation Center at Southeast Missouri State. The agenda will include selected basketball rules discussions, two-man and three-man mechanics, signals and general questions. All basketball officials are invited to attend and apply for membership. Info: Rick Heuring, (573) 264-3643, or www.heartlandofficials.org.
* Girls youth league: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's Girls Youth Basketball League will have an informational meeting 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Osage Community Centre, 1625 N. Kingshighway. The league is open to teams in third through eighth grades with three divisions. Play begins Jan. 6 and concludes in the middle of March. Info: Amy Roth, 334-2859.
* Youth league: Red Star Baptist Church is sponsoring a youth floor hockey league for children in grades 1 through 6 beginning 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in the church activities building at 1301 N. Main St. in Cape Girardeau. The league is open to boys and girls, and the season will run through the beginning of March with games on Tuesday nights. No hockey equipment is required. Info: Todd Greer, 335-3381.
* Indoor league: The Cape Girardeau Noon Optimist Club Indoor Soccer League began accepting registration Wednesday at the Show Me Center. The registration fee is $30 per child with spaces limited and open on a first-come, first-served basis. The league, which is playing for the 20th season, will begin in early December and end by late January. Games will be played at Houck Field House. The coed league is open to boys and girls with divisons from kindergarten through 12th grade. Teams will play seven games and receive a T-shirt. Team sponsorships are $100 with more infomation from Craig Billmeyer, 335-4181.
* Tournament entry: The 13th annual Saint Francis Indoor Soccer Invitational is Jan. 12 through 14 at the Show Me Center, Houck Field House and the Student Recreation Center. Teams may enter by Nov. 17. The fee is $225 by Nov. 11 and $260 after that date if the tourney field is not full. The tournament is open to all teams and includes several age brackets for boys or girls teams from under-8 through under-18. Each team is guaranteed three games of about one hour each. Info: 651-2297, 651-5054, www.showmecenter.biz or e-mail to email@example.com.