- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Thank you, Cape Girardeau
To the editor:
As an elected messenger to our Missouri Baptist Convention held in Cape Girardeau, I wanted to express my appreciation and pride to our great city of Cape Girardeau. Some 1,400 Baptists from across our state gathered in Cape Girardeau this week for our annual meeting, and we were treated graciously by businesses and citizens. The Show Me Center was an outstanding host. The restaurants (Baptist love to eat) went above the call in service. The motels were especially accommodating. And the citizens of Cape Girardeau were so very helpful and friendly. A special recognition goes to the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau for its efforts in helping to bring our convention to Cape. Cape made a positive impression on our Missouri Baptist Convention attendees.
It only proves what I always say: It sure is great to live in Cape.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau