- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Thank you, Cape Girardeau
To the editor:
As an elected messenger to our Missouri Baptist Convention held in Cape Girardeau, I wanted to express my appreciation and pride to our great city of Cape Girardeau. Some 1,400 Baptists from across our state gathered in Cape Girardeau this week for our annual meeting, and we were treated graciously by businesses and citizens. The Show Me Center was an outstanding host. The restaurants (Baptist love to eat) went above the call in service. The motels were especially accommodating. And the citizens of Cape Girardeau were so very helpful and friendly. A special recognition goes to the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau for its efforts in helping to bring our convention to Cape. Cape made a positive impression on our Missouri Baptist Convention attendees.
It only proves what I always say: It sure is great to live in Cape.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau