- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Thank you, Cape Girardeau
To the editor:
As an elected messenger to our Missouri Baptist Convention held in Cape Girardeau, I wanted to express my appreciation and pride to our great city of Cape Girardeau. Some 1,400 Baptists from across our state gathered in Cape Girardeau this week for our annual meeting, and we were treated graciously by businesses and citizens. The Show Me Center was an outstanding host. The restaurants (Baptist love to eat) went above the call in service. The motels were especially accommodating. And the citizens of Cape Girardeau were so very helpful and friendly. A special recognition goes to the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau for its efforts in helping to bring our convention to Cape. Cape made a positive impression on our Missouri Baptist Convention attendees.
It only proves what I always say: It sure is great to live in Cape.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau