- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Thank you, Cape Girardeau
To the editor:
As an elected messenger to our Missouri Baptist Convention held in Cape Girardeau, I wanted to express my appreciation and pride to our great city of Cape Girardeau. Some 1,400 Baptists from across our state gathered in Cape Girardeau this week for our annual meeting, and we were treated graciously by businesses and citizens. The Show Me Center was an outstanding host. The restaurants (Baptist love to eat) went above the call in service. The motels were especially accommodating. And the citizens of Cape Girardeau were so very helpful and friendly. A special recognition goes to the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau for its efforts in helping to bring our convention to Cape. Cape made a positive impression on our Missouri Baptist Convention attendees.
It only proves what I always say: It sure is great to live in Cape.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau