- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Thank you, Cape Girardeau
To the editor:
As an elected messenger to our Missouri Baptist Convention held in Cape Girardeau, I wanted to express my appreciation and pride to our great city of Cape Girardeau. Some 1,400 Baptists from across our state gathered in Cape Girardeau this week for our annual meeting, and we were treated graciously by businesses and citizens. The Show Me Center was an outstanding host. The restaurants (Baptist love to eat) went above the call in service. The motels were especially accommodating. And the citizens of Cape Girardeau were so very helpful and friendly. A special recognition goes to the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau for its efforts in helping to bring our convention to Cape. Cape made a positive impression on our Missouri Baptist Convention attendees.
It only proves what I always say: It sure is great to live in Cape.
DOUG AUSTIN, Cape Girardeau