- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
Early last month, the Rev. Jeff Williams and his wife Abby has just sold their house in Jackson with plans to move into the loft of the garage of the house they were building themselves near Gordonville. The garage hadn't been completed yet, but they still had time.
Then Jeff Williams died in his sleep at age 46, perhaps felled by a massive heart attack.
Abby Williams and her two children, Nathan, 11, and Naomi, 8, have decided to live with Abby's mother until the house is built.
Last weekend about 50 volunteers from four area churches turned out to help put the roof and siding on the garage before bad weather caused problems for the construction project. Another volunteer came from Springfield, Mo.
Jeff Williams was the minister at New Life Fellowship Church until a year ago. He was the pastor at New Covenant Fellowship Church in Paducah, Ky., at the time of his death.
The volunteers finished about 80 percent of the work and expect to return to complete the rest.
That's the kind of community we live in.