- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Hester M. Phillips, 75, of Perryville died Thursday, Nov. 2, 2006, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
She was born Aug. 30, 1931, at Silver Lake, Mo., daughter of Romanus and Theresa Deming Duvall. She and Melvin J. Phillips were married Sept. 7, 1949. He died Jan. 15, 1984.
Phillips had worked at Gilster-Mary Lee Corp. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include three sons, Gary Phillips of Bonne Terre, Mo., Randy Phillips of Savanna, Okla., Wayne Phillips of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; a sister, Edith Weekly of Topeka, Kan.; nine grandchildren; and 18 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a son.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and 6:30 a.m. to service time Monday. The VFW Auxiliary wake will be at 7 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery.