- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Betty June McCommons, 80, of Dongola died Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2006, at Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill.
She was born Sept. 25, 1926, at Millcreek, Ill., daughter of Elbert O. and Clair Verneal Jordan Hileman. She and Ira "Jod" McCommons were married Nov. 8, 1941, in Jackson.
McCommons worked at Choate Mental Health many years, and was a member of Millcreek Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Joe McCommons of Dongola; two brothers, Elbert Hileman of Mounds, Ill., Frank Hileman of Marion, Ill.; three sisters, Joeann Clutts of Anna, Ill., Anita George of Dongola, Kay Whitney of Jonesboro, Ill.; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. George McCommons officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery.