- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ruth Ann Johnson, 44, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Jan. 1, 1962, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Johnny Lee Edward and Lubertha Hilton Johnson Sr.
Johnson attended Central High School, and was a member of Christ Church of the Heartland.
Survivors include three sons, Antwone Johnson of Columbia, Mo., Trenton Johnson and Christopher Wiseman of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Tanita Johnson and Aarona Robinson of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Johnny Johnson Jr. of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Ireanna Bush of Knoxville, Tenn., Martha Johnson of Colonial Heights, Va.; and five grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call Monday from noon until time of service at New Bethel Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Johnny Thomas officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Williams Funeral Home of Charleston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.