- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
FROHNA, Mo. -- Mamie Sue Schmidt, 48, of Frohna died Thursday, Nov. 2, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 13, 1958, in Perryville, Mo., daughter of Walter and Willa (Golden) Gerler.
Survivors include a daughter, April Woods of Austin, Texas; a son, Jade Schmidt of St. Louis; two brothers, Ralph Gerler of Mexico, Mo., and Ray Gerler of Altenburg, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home Saturday from 1 p.m. to service time.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rhodes officiating.