- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Barbara Freeman, 65, of Jackson died Thursday, Nov. 2, 2006, at her home. She was born Jan. 26, 1941, in Gideon, Mo., daughter of Alvin and Clarine McGee Howell. She and Boyce Freeman were married March 6, 1957, in Bell City, Mo.
She was a member of Christian Faith Fellowship.
She is survived by her husband of Jackson; three sons, Richard Steven (Betty) Freeman of Indiana, Alan (Jeannie) Freeman of Bryan, Texas, Shawn (Jennifer) Freeman of College Station, Texas; four daughters, Cheryl (Danny) Johnson of College Station, Regina Freeman of Jackson, Barbara (Tim) Crowden of Bryan, Ericka (Dale) Wiseman of Jackson; a brother, Ronnie Howell of Jackson; four sisters, Demietra Lyons of Bellville, Texas, Shirley Diggs of Delta, Peggy Bramlett of Tifton, Ga., Diane Serrano of Yermo, Calif.; 16 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sons, Boyce Freeman Jr. and Gregory Scott Freeman; a daughter, Pamela Freeman; and a brother, Tony Howell.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau today from 4 to 6 p.m.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mark Carbaugh officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to Southeast Hospice, 10 Doctors Park, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63703.