- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Goldia G. Heck, 84, of Perryville died Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2006, at Perry Oaks Manor.
She was born Feb. 22, 1922, in Ste. Genevieve County, Mo., daughter of George and Lillian Tucker Griffard. She and Arnia E. Heck were married July 18, 1938. He died July 26, 1992.
Heck had been a cook at several restaurants in Perryville, and also worked at St. Mary's Seminary. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include three sons, Ronald Heck of Trenton, Ill., Roger Heck of Perryville, Glennon Heck of Zanesville, Ohio; three daughters, Kay Meyers of Theodosia, Mo., Sue Alexander of Branson, Mo., and Kristeen Schilling of Perryville; 26 grandchildren; numerous great-grandchildren; and several great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three brothers, four sisters and a grandson.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to time of service. The rosary will be recited at 9:30 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Crest Lawn Cemetery at Ste. Genevieve, Mo.