- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Bertha Anna Alyea, 79, of Columbia, Mo., passed away Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2006, at her home.
Service will be held at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Campus Lutheran Church in Columbia. Burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetery.
Visitation will be held at the church from 1:30 p.m. until time of service.
Bertha was born Jan. 8, 1927, in Swift County, Minn., to Alfred and Anna Anderson Christensen. They preceded her in death. She married James Alyea Aug. 10, 1950. He also preceded her in death.
She received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University in 1972, and later obtained a Master of science in nursing from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Bertha was known for being active in many different volunteer organizations.
Survivors include a daughter, Kristin Alyea and husband Bret Fowlkes of Diamondhead, Miss.; three sons, Jim Alyea and wife Kathy of Blue Springs, Mo., Dan Alyea and wife Celeste of Alton, Ill., Eric Alyea of Duncanville, Texas; a brother, Clifford Christensen of Big Stone City, S.D.; a sister, Clara Zeek and husband Frank of Big Stone City; four grandchildren, Claire and Rose Alyea of Alton, Jacob and Kelsey Alyea of Blue Springs.
Memorial contributions may be made to Missouri River Hospice, 1410 Heriford Drive, Columbia, Mo., 65202, or Campus Lutheran Church, 304 S. College Ave., Columbia, Mo., 65201.
Tributes can be left online at http://www.memorialfuneralhomeandcemeter....