- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Evelyn Marie Brandy, 72, of Sikeston died Monday, Oct. 30, 2006, at the home of a daughter in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 14, 1934, in Charleston, Mo., daughter of William and Bertha Decker Nicholson. She and Tommie Lee Brandy Jr. were married in 1952. He died Nov. 27, 1995.
Brandy had been a housekeeper and cook at Kellett's Restaurant. She attended Jubilee House of Prayer and served as a mother of the church.
Survivors include three sons, Tommie Brandy II, Steve and Cornelius Brandy, all of Dayton, Ohio; six daughters, Gwendolyn Chenet and Cassandra Brandy-Evans of Dayton, Beverly Baker and Brenda Carter of Sikeston, Christine Hamilton of Cape Girardeau, Connie Green of Kansas City, Mo.; three brothers, Eddie Nicholson of Kansas City, Thurman Nicholson of Phoenix, Ariz., William Nicholson of Portland, Ore.; two sisters, Erma Hyler of Sikeston, Earnestine Davis of Kansas City; 31 grandchildren; and 40 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 10 a.m. until time of service Friday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Audrey Emanuel officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery in Sikeston.