- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
LAMAR, Mo. -- Richard "Dick" Feilner, 73, of Lamar died Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2006, at Freeman West Hospital in Joplin, Mo.
He was born Jan. 5, 1933, in St. Louis, son of Oscar C. and Ines Amos Feilner. He and Aline A. Horman were married April 16, 1966.
Feilner was a retired electronics technician from McDonnell-Douglas Aircraft in St. Louis. He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church in Lamar, the American Legion Post in Springfield, Mo., and the Knights of Columbus in Wentzville, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; a brother, Dennis Feilner of Clarksville, Mo.; four sisters, Vivian McFarland of St. Petersberg, Fla., Evelyn Martin of Belleville, Ill., Carol Deason of Arcadia, Mo., and Phyllis Larue of Belleville.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, with the Rev. James Seyer officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo., with full military honors.