- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Jack L. Blankenship, 77, of Advance was born Aug. 23, 1929, at Braggadocio, Mo., the son of James "Lawrence" and Mary Katherine Phillips Blankenship. He passed away Oct. 26, 2006. at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
Jack was a retired construction worker.
Jack and Betty Berry were united in marriage on May 22, 1950, at St. Louis, and she survives at their home.
Other survivors include a son, Harold Blankenship of Advance; a daughter, Judy Galavis of Maysville, Okla.; a brother, Elmer Blankenship of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; three grandchildren, Latasha Tidwell of Advance, Libby Potts of Paoli, Okla., Leisha Keesee of Elmora City Okla.; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at the Morgan Funeral Home in Advance from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 29.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. The Rev. Ray Placher will officiate, with burial in Morgan Memorial Park.