- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)11
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
William Robert Lynn, 75, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, Oct. 28, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 23, 1930, at Randles, Mo., son of Thomas W. and Lily M. Thompson Lynn.
Lynn served in the Army during the Korean War. He was a boiler maker with local No. 27, retiring in 1988. Lynn was a member of the VFW Post in Festus, Mo. He moved to Cape Girardeau on Sept. 22, 2005.
Survivors include two sons, William R. Lynn Jr. of Bloomsdale, Mo., Martin D. Lynn of Fredericktown, Mo.; four daughters, Cathy L. Vaughn of Caruthersville, Mo., Rebecca S. Lynn of Fenton, Mo., Melinda E. McClelland and husband, Allen of Fenton, Mo., Tamera L. Lynn of Fredericktown, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters, three brothers and a grandchild, Timothy Michael Lynn.
Graveside service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo., with the Rev. Louis Drinen officiating. Full military service by the Missouri Honors Team.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.