- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
William Robert Lynn, 75, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, Oct. 28, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 23, 1930, at Randles, Mo., son of Thomas W. and Lily M. Thompson Lynn.
Lynn served in the Army during the Korean War. He was a boiler maker with local No. 27, retiring in 1988. Lynn was a member of the VFW Post in Festus, Mo. He moved to Cape Girardeau on Sept. 22, 2005.
Survivors include two sons, William R. Lynn Jr. of Bloomsdale, Mo., Martin D. Lynn of Fredericktown, Mo.; four daughters, Cathy L. Vaughn of Caruthersville, Mo., Rebecca S. Lynn of Fenton, Mo., Melinda E. McClelland and husband, Allen of Fenton, Mo., Tamera L. Lynn of Fredericktown, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters, three brothers and a grandchild, Timothy Michael Lynn.
Graveside service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo., with the Rev. Louis Drinen officiating. Full military service by the Missouri Honors Team.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.