- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Central places 11th in Springfield
The Central boys swimming team finished its season with an 11th-place finish out of 17 teams Saturday at the Springfield Invitational.
Rockhurst won the meet with 421 points, followed by Glendale (295) and Lindbergh (271.5). The Tigers had 52 points.
Peyton Waggener had the top finish with a sixth in the 100-meter breaststroke. Waggener was also seventh in the 200 individual medley.
The Tigers have four individuals and all three relays which qualified for the state meet, which is scheduled for Nov. 10 and 11 at the St. Peters Rec-Plex.
200 IM -- 7. Peyton Waggener 2:10.47, 10. Sam Gramling 2:12.38.
100 back -- 11. Gramling 1:00.90.
100 breast -- 6. Waggener 1:05.22.
400 freestyle relay -- 9. Central (Jake Meyr, Gramling, Waggener, Michael Marrett), 3:50.09.
-- From staff reports