- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Comfort and warmth
By CHRIS PAGANO
An arched, peaked entryway frames the front door and places potential homeowners in a grand setting upon passage through the front door of this four-bedroom ranch in the heart of Cape Girardeau.
Distinguished lighting, hardwood floors, elegant arched entryways and crown molding set this home apart. Windows are Thermopane, and their floor-to-ceiling size allows plenty of natural light to shine inside.
The ceramic flooring of a medium shade is appealing and complementary to the neutral wall shade.
The living room and kitchen share a fireplace.
Add bay windows in the breakfast nook, and you have a recipe for comfort and warmth. Access to the deck creates another nearby dining environment. Maple cabinets, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances are appealing kitchen features. The island with electrical outlets, decorative lighting and a flat cook top carve out a perfect kitchen environment. A large pantry is another added feature.
The adjacent half-bath has a rounded vanity.
The laundry room, near the kitchen, has large cabinets and handy access to the three-car garage, especially convenient when unloading groceries in bad weather.
The garage door design and large driveway are appealing from the curb.
The master bedroom is defined by distinctive ceiling construction, a walk-in closet and adjoining bath. A large window is above the oversized whirlpool bath. A privacy toilet, walk-in shower and two separate vanities make sharing the room easy.
Two other bedrooms round out the main level.
The lower-level walk-out basement has a large family room, bedroom, full bath and plenty of storage.
The home was custom-built by Mitch Kinder Development.
335-6611, extension 133