- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)20
Census Bureau- Boston is growing not shrinking
The Associated Press
BOSTON -- The U.S. Census Bureau now says the city of Boston is growing -- not shrinking -- acknowledging it underestimated the population by more than 37,000 people.
Its new estimate puts Boston's population at 596,638, rather than 559,034, an increase by 1.3 percent since 2000 instead of a decrease of 5.1 percent, Mayor Thomas Menino said Friday.
Greg Harper, a Census Bureau demographer, said a review of housing data suggested not as many people moved away from the city as initially thought, Harper said.