- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Census Bureau- Boston is growing not shrinking
The Associated Press
BOSTON -- The U.S. Census Bureau now says the city of Boston is growing -- not shrinking -- acknowledging it underestimated the population by more than 37,000 people.
Its new estimate puts Boston's population at 596,638, rather than 559,034, an increase by 1.3 percent since 2000 instead of a decrease of 5.1 percent, Mayor Thomas Menino said Friday.
Greg Harper, a Census Bureau demographer, said a review of housing data suggested not as many people moved away from the city as initially thought, Harper said.