- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Marie E. Exler McElreath, 84, of Cape Girardeau, died Friday, Oct. 27, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 20, 1921, in Egypt Mills, the daughter of George A. and Laura Ida Gerlach Exler. She and Norman W. McElreath were married on Nov. 20, 1945 in Cape Girardeau. He died Feb. 28, 2002.
McElreath was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape and its Sr. Ladies Aid. She was confirmed April 14, 1935 at Trinity Lutheran Church in Egypt Mills. She was a member of the American Legion Post 63, VFW Post 3838, the Lutheran Home and Southeast Missouri Hospital Auxilaries.
Survivors include a son, Kenneth McElreath and wife, Marsha, of Mount Vernon, Iowa; a daughter, Mary Kistner of Cape Girardeau and a son, James McElreath and wife, Charlene, of Cape Girardeau; four grandchildren, Shane and Megan Kistner and Paula and Daniel McElreath, all of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Ford & Sons Mt. Auburn Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau with the Rev. Douglas C. Breite officiating. Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Trinity Lutheran School Building Fund.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.