- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community digest 10/30/06
Revolutionary War soldiers to be honored
The Sons of the American Revolution will conduct a ceremony at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Old Bethel Church Cemetery to commemorate three Revolutionary War soldiers buried there. The three were members of the early church. Any descendants of Ithamar Hubble, Enos Randol Sr. or Robert Wicker are welcome. Their stones have been set by the SAR in the church cemetery, as they have unmarked graves. A fourth member of the church, John Hitt, is buried on his farm just southeast of Jackson. A ceremony and stone will also recognize him. In 1821, Hitt and Thomas Bull laid out the church cemetery.
Scott County Women in Agriculture meet
The Scott County Women in Agriculture will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at the USDA office on Highway 77 in Benton, Mo. Women who share an interest in gardening, cooking, farm, family activities or helping the community will enjoy an atmosphere of fun, fellowship and support. The organization's goal is to educate others about agriculture. For more information, call Kay Dover at (573) 545-9027.
NARFE to meet at Perryville Ponderosa
The National Association of Retired and Current Federal Employees Chapter 1237 will meet at noon Nov. 14 at the Ponderosa Steakhouse in Perryville, Mo. All current and retired federal employees in Perry, Ste. Genevieve and Cape Girardeau counties are encouraged to attend. For more information, call (573) 547-4249.
Space available at Winter Wonderland of Treasures
Plans for the St. Denis School seventh annual Winter Wonderland of Treasures, to be held 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 2 at the St. Denis Parish Center on U.S. 61 in Benton, Mo., are now being made. The event features crafts of all kinds, specialty foods and direct-sale items. Booth space reservations for rental may now be arranged. Forms are available at the school, or call Diane at 545-3185, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to "Treasures Sale," 242 Bland, Benton, Mo. 63736.
-- From staff reports