- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Stem-cell amendment is Satan's work
To the editor:
Each day of our life should and could be a joyous occasion -- a day of advancement toward our final day of life. Instead, each day seems to be a waiting day for yet another unbelievable experience to unfold: another act of terrorism, another shoot-out in the settlement of someone's envy, hatred or uncontrolled anger. We are becoming less civilized every day.
The value of life is diminishing every day. Will it ever change? Not until we understand why we are here on earth. Until we learn to see life here as a preparatory time for better things in the hereafter, we will never improve. We have become a "me" society instead of a "we" society. In my short lifetime I have seen things go from fair and good to bad and worse to nearly gone.
Morals must start at home, then at church and in school, with discipline and example. If either are missing at any of these steps, a child will become an adult and bite the dust. In the last 50 years, we have dropped our guard on morality with our speech, our teachings, our tolerance and, most of all, our example.
We know now that abortion is wrong. Now we must face Satan again, because this stem-cell amendment we are voting on Nov. 7 is a glorified form of abortion. Think seriously when you enter that voting booth. Vote no on Amendment 2.
ROBERT HORRELL, Leopold, Mo.