- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Oran FD, other emergency agencies get equipment from surplus program
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- The Oran, Mo., fire department was one of eight emergency departments in Missouri to receive free equipment from a federal surplus program, the state's Department of Public Safety announced Thursday.
The equipment comes from the Homeland Defense Equipment Reuse Program, which provides surplus radiological equipment, training and long-term technical support to first-responder agencies applying for the grant.
Fire departments in Bismarck, Purdy, West Plains, Bolivar, the Hazelgreen and Battlefield volunteer fire departments, and the State Emergency Management Agency also received equipment through the program.