- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Officials seek Perryville boy on sexual abuse warrant
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Police were seeking a 17-year-old boy charged with sexually abusing an 11-year-old relative.
Steven A. Wade Jr., of a last known address of Farmington, Mo., was charged Tuesday with two felony counts each of attempted statutory sodomy, promoting a sexual performance by a child and sexual misconduct involving a child.
In February and March, Wade is suspected of fondling himself in front of an 11-year-old boy, who was a family member, a news release from the Perryville Police Department stated.
Wade asked the boy to also fondle himself, and asked if the two could touch each other, according to the release.
In an interview with investigators, Wade admitted that he touched himself in front of the boy and was trying to teach his young relative how to do the same, the release stated. Following the interview, police released Wade pending charges, police chief Keith Tarrillion said.
As of Thursday afternoon, Wade had not been located and arrested, according to Tarrillion. Police believe him to be in the Farmington area.
A cash-only bond for Wade was set at $10,000.