- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Local activity schedule offers Halloween fun for all ages
Cape Girardeau and the surrounding area will present several Halloween-themed events starting today and continuing through Halloween night on Tuesday.
Halloween events include:
* A pub crawl tonight sponsored by Guiness, Red Stripe, Smirnoff Ice and Real Rock 99.3. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. at D'Ladium and ends at 11 p.m. at Rude Dog Pub. The pub crawl includes a costume contest.
* Beggs Family Farm in Blodgett will hold the last two days of its annual Fall Festival on Saturday and Sunday. Activities include a corn maze, straw jump, wagon rides, rope maze and more.
* Black Forest Village will hold its annual Haunted Ghost Town tonight and Saturday from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. at its location near Cape Girardeau.
* The Arena Building will present the annual Haunted Hall of Horror tonight and Saturday from 7 p.m. to midnight and Monday and Tuesday from 7 to 11 p.m.
* The Cape Girardeau Eagles will hold a Halloween costume party with music by Night Shift starting at 8 p.m.
* The Legends of Lorimier storytelling event will take place from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at Old Lorimier Cemetery. Actors in period costume will tell stories about Cape Girardeau's historical families and ghost stories about the cemetery will also be featured. Tickets can be purchased at the cemetery during the event.
* The American Legion hall in Jackson will have a Halloween party tonight from 7 to 10:30 p.m. with music by Classic Country Band featuring Webb Tripp.
* Muddy Waters in Egypt Mills will hold a Halloween costume party and contest tonight at 9 p.m.
* The St. Louis Iron Mountain and Southern Railway in Jackson will provide "Haunted Coach Tours" from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday through Tuesday.
* Underberg House Concerts will hold a Halloween costume contest in conjunction with a concert by David Stoddard at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Reservations are required by calling 334-7692.
* A Halloween party will be held at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport ARCH helicopter hangar from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, with a costume contest at 2 p.m.
* The Southeast Missourian is sponsoring a Halloween pumpkin decorating contest at West Park Mall. Decorated pumpkins can be dropped off from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday and from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday at the mall's customer service desk. Winners will be announced Tuesday night.
* First General Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau will hold an alternative Halloween party called "Heroes Unlimited" from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday.
* Lynwood Baptist Church will hold a Fall Family Festival from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Osage Community Centre. No scary costumes.
* Centenary United Methodist Church will hold a "trunk-or-treat" party from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Family Life Center.
* First Baptist Church in Jackson will hold a "trunk-or-treat" event from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.
* The Scott City First Assembly of God will hold an alternative Halloween party from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday with games, puppets, music and candy.
* The First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau will hold a "trunk-or-treat" event called Trunks of Fun from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday in the church parking lot.