- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Son to Shawn Michael and Charisse Ann Sladek of Chaffee, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 12, 2003. Name, Keaton Michael. Weight, 9 pounds 6 ounces. Second son. Mrs. Sladek is the former Charisse Garner, daughter of Donna Corn of Scott City and Gary Garner of Natchitoches, La. Sladek is the son of Paula Niswonger of Cape Girardeau. He is employed at Morlan Dodge in Sikeston, Mo.
Daughter to Jerry Andrew and Cacey Wood Pecord of Miller City, Ill., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 7:48 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2003. Name, Summer Rose. Weight, 6 pounds 13 ounces. Fifth child, third daughter. Mrs. Pecord is the former Cacey Williams, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Wood Williams of Bloomington, Ill. Pecord is the son of Jerry H. and Louise Pecord of Miller City. He is a self-employed farmer.
Daughter to Jeremy and Tabatha Schumer of Perryville, Mo., Perry County Memorial Hospital, 5:17 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 14, 2003. Name, Ashlyn Nichole. Weight, 5 pounds 1 1/2 ounces. Mrs. Schumer is the former Tabatha Koeppel, daughter of David and Mildred Koeppel of Jackson. She is a prep cook at Perry County Nursing Home. Schumer is the son of Thomas and Linda Schumer of Perryville. He is a factory technician at TG Missouri Corp.