- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Ernest "Bus" Eudy, 77, of Anna died Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2006, at his home.
He was born Feb. 19, 1929, in McClure, Ill., son of Earl Eugene and Viola Waring Eudy. He and Ollie Mayberry were married Sept. 30, 1949, in Reynoldsville, Ill.
Eudy was a heavy equipment operator many years at Lone Star Cement Co. in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of First Baptist Church.
He was a veteran of the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Ernest Eudy Jr. of Buchanan, Tenn., Eddie Eudy of Anna; six sisters, Ermadell Elkins and Peggy St. Cin of Anna, Bonnie Pickle and Flodean Hinkle of Jonesboro, Ill., Shirley Miller of McClure, Naomi Clark of Grand Rapids, Mich.; a brother, George Eudy of McClure; two grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Friday at First Baptist Church in Anna from 11 a.m. to service time.
The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at the church. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.