- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jacob B. "Jack" Wright, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2006, at Life Care Center.
He was born Jan. 1, 1928, in Charleston, Mo., son of Jacob Merle and Anna Elizabeth Essary Wright. He and Anne Austin were married June 17, 1961.
Wright worked at Brown Shoe Co. in Charleston a number of years, and was also a barber many years. He was a member of West End Church of Christ in Cape Girardeau.
After retiring, he and his wife moved to Chaffee, Mo., and then to Cape Girardeau.
He was a U.S. Air Force veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Rick Hall of Steele, Mo.; three daughters, Elizabeth Hahn of Perryville, Mo., Teresa Perry of St. Charles, Mo., Jennifer Wright of Kennett, Mo.; a brother, William "Bill" Wright of Brentwood, Mo.; a sister, Pat Frayser of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; several stepgrandchildren and great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Robert Housby officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery near Charleston.