- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Houston Anderson Jr.
ANNA, Ill. -- L. Houston "Buddy" Anderson Jr., 61, of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2003, in an automobile accident near Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
He was born Oct. 13, 1941, in Cobden, Ill., son of L. Houston and Addie Lucille Treece Anderson Sr. He and Heleine Myers were married Oct. 24, 1971. She died Sept. 13, 1994.
Anderson was formerly of Anna, a graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School, and attended Arkansas State University.
He was a musician, having performed in Southern Illinois and several other states, and was currently working in Ft. Lauderdale.
Survivors include a sister, Margaret Williams of Jonesboro, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating. Private burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.