- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Houston Anderson Jr.
ANNA, Ill. -- L. Houston "Buddy" Anderson Jr., 61, of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2003, in an automobile accident near Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
He was born Oct. 13, 1941, in Cobden, Ill., son of L. Houston and Addie Lucille Treece Anderson Sr. He and Heleine Myers were married Oct. 24, 1971. She died Sept. 13, 1994.
Anderson was formerly of Anna, a graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School, and attended Arkansas State University.
He was a musician, having performed in Southern Illinois and several other states, and was currently working in Ft. Lauderdale.
Survivors include a sister, Margaret Williams of Jonesboro, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating. Private burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.