- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Peace movement is really protest against president
To the editor:
It is amazing that a peace protest of only 10 people warrants the front page. What is even more remarkable is that those entrusted with the education of our young men and women are leading the protest. Their reasons for protesting are flat-out political and hypocritical. They blame President Bush for not being able to connect the dots to prevent 9-11. Now they wish to crucify him for putting the dots together and removing an evil regime, which knowingly harbored and provided training grounds for al-Qaida, which was responsible for murdering 3,000 of our fellow Americans.
The protesters claim that since we have not found weapons of mass destruction, they don't exist. Yet they forget to mention that Bill Clinton, the United Nations and even the French admitted that Saddam Hussein had the weapons. Also, there is now proof that Saddam gave orders to use the weapons against us.
It sickens me that they hide behind the word "peace" when they only want peace when a Republican is in charge. Where was their peace movement when Clinton involved us in Haiti, Somalia and Bosnia and when he lobbed bombs on a Sudanese factory? Their silence is a clear indicator that they only protest when their party is no longer in power. They have convinced themselves that they are truly for peace. Yet, in their heart of hearts, they are simply anti-Bush.