- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Michael Douglas Pickett, 24, of Palm Bay, Fla., died Friday, Oct. 20, 2006.
He was born Aug. 9, 1982, in Jacksonville, Fla., son of Michael Henry and Linda S. Popenhagen Pickett.
Michael was a graduate of Central High School in Cape Girardeau, and attended Brevard Community College and FIT School of Aeronautics in Florida. He was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include his mother of Palm Bay; maternal grandparents, Dale and Ann Popenhagen of OeIwein, Iowa; paternal grandparents, Douglas and Betty Pickett of the state of California; and two aunts Sandy (Bob) Craig of Springfield, Mo., and Sandy Pickett of Lillington, N.C.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Thursday at South Brevard Funeral Home in Melbourne, Fla.
Memorials may be made to Cape Girardeau Youth Soccer Team, c/o Brad and Jenelle Kuetber, 5040 Areca Palm Street, Cocoa, Fla., 32927.