- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Hoedown to help Young Life Ministry
To the editor:
We are continually shocked by the cultural and criminal acts of our kids. What are we doing about it? Creating more laws? Hiring more police? Telling the kids they need more self-esteem and pride? We can legislate all day, and it won't change a kid's heart.
Saturday evening there is a way you can help the high school kids in this area by attending a fund-raising event held by Young Life Ministries. The time will be spent with food, music, games and information about changing a kid's mind and heart forever.
Would you like, as parents, to have help in directing your children away from desperation and self-centered lives that lead to drugs and multiple partners?
Young Life is a non-denominational ministry dedicated to going to the kids, building a relational friendship and introducing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Lives are refocused, turned around and saved for eternity. Kids get back into local churches and become productive persons no longer desperate and casualties of the modern open-society philosophy.
The Young Life event is "Throw the Dough Down" Hoedown at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Deerfield. The evening will include barbecue, games, entertainment and information. Dress is country casual or come as you are.
Please come and meet the kids and Young Life leaders and committee folks. Prayerfully consider donating time or money to this ministry that is helping our local kids.
If you can't make the hoedown and want to help, contact Rick Rivera, 335-8300.
TIM SINGLETON, Cape Girardeau