- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Cape Girardeau City Council actions
Public hearings Held a public hearing regarding the property tax rates proposed to be set by the city of Cape Girardeau for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2003, and the real property tax rate proposed to be set for the Special Business District No. 2 for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2003.
(Second and third readings) Amended the city code relating to special-use permits for public utilities.
Approved the record plat of Cape West Village Second Subdivision off Richmond Drive.
Granted a special-use permit to SLS Investments and Breckenridge Three Limited Partnership for the purpose of constructing, maintaining and operating duplexes at the corners of Missouri Avenue, Jefferson Avenue and College Street.
Levied the annual city revenue tax, library fund tax, public health tax, debt service fund tax and Special Business District No. 2 tax for the fiscal year ending on June 30, 2004.
(First reading) Approved the record plat of Kinder Lynwood Townhouse No. 1 on Lynwood Hills Drive.
Approved the record plat of Kinder Lynwood Townhouse No. 2 on Lynwood Hills Drive.
Established handicap parking in the 700 block of Jefferson Avenue.
Authorized the acquisition of property for the pedestrian bridge over Highway 74 at Ellis Street.
Approved the record plat of Rock Creek Meadows Subdivision near Route W.
Approved the record plat of R&M Second Subdivision in the 700 block of South Kingshighway.
Approved the record plat of a resubdivision of Lots 3 and 4 in Mount Auburn Subdivision No. 3 in the 1300 block of Copper Drive.
Approved the record plat of MRW Retail Shopping Center Lots 1 and 2 on Independence.
Approved traffic signals for the Mount Auburn Road and Independence intersection.
Approved yield signs for the intersection of Mount Auburn Road and Independence.
Established new parking restrictions on Alta Vista.
Executed an agreement with Dutch Enterprises Inc. for the Kingsway Drive sewer project.
Approved an agreement for administrative services with Marshall & Ilsley Trust Company NA for a benefits plan for city employees.
Adopted minimum residential property rehabilitation standards for the Community Development Block Grant Program.Liquor license
Approved a retail liquor by the drink license for Tyrone Henderson d/b/a Tee Jay's Club Sequel, 820 N. Sprigg Suite 6.
Accepted improvements completed for the widening of William Street from Sprigg Street to Main Street and authorized final payment to Nip Kelley Equipment Co.