- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
UNICEF helps children worldwide
To the editor:
Over the past 27 years, children have raised more than $132 million through Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF, giving hope to children all over the world. As needs change or crises occur worldwide, the money raised by this effort is channeled to those needs. Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF was created, inspired and powered by kids, and only Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF has empowered generations to make lasting change in their global community.
Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF collection boxes are available at Pier One Imports, Carol's Hallmark Shop and Kirlin's Hallmark. Stop by, get boxes for your children or grandchildren, and you can help in this effort. And if a child knocks on your door yelling "Trick-or-treat" and you see that little orange UNICEF box, please know that any contributions you make will literally save lives.
CHERYL A. MOTHES, Zonta Club of Cape Girardeau Area, Cape Girardeau