- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape Girardeau City Council action 10/24/06
401 Independence St.
Monday at 7 p.m.
Study session at 5 p.m.
* Heard presentation regarding the Medical Reserve Corps by Marcia Ritter.
(Second and Third Readings)
* Authorized the acquisition of property for water system improvements.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a memorandum of agreement with Southeast Missouri State University for the installation of historic street lights at the Broadway and Henderson Avenue intersection.
* Approved the record plat of Bird Hill Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of Randol Farms Tenth Subdivision.
* Authorized the issuance of special tax bills for the demolition of dangerous buildings under the provisions of Chapter 7 of the city code.
* Annexed land to the city upon the request of the city.
* Annexed land to the city upon the request of the Larry Edward Frankum Revocable Trust dated the May 23, 2001, Judy A. Koch, trustee of the Judy Ann (Throckmorton) Koch Revocable Trust Agreement of Jan. 10, 1997; John C. Tlapek, trustee of the John C. Tlapek Revocable Trust U/A dated May 26, 1995; R. A. Miller and Priscilla S. Miller; J. Marshall Jung and Elizabeth T. Jung; Donald E. Edwards and Charlotte A. Edwards; John P. Hall and Jerre A. Hall, Trustees of the Jerre A. Hall Revocable Trust dated Jan. 31, 2001; Carl Nelson Ringer and Rita Jane Ringer; Jerry L. Kinder and Jeri L. Kinder, and Charles Patrick Godwin and Nancy K. Godwin.
* Authorized the acquisition of property for the improvement of Independence Street between Pacific Street and Kingshighway.
* Vacated an alley located in Kimmel's Addition Subdivision running between New Madrid and Dunklin streets.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a memorandum of agreement between the city and Southeast Missouri State University for the installation of fiber optic cable and conduit.
* Accepted a sewer and utility easement from MidAmerica Hotels Corp. for maintenance of sewer district 14-1-C-1.
* Authorized the city manager to execute a cost participation agreement with the Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission for Technology Park Drive.
* Amended Schedule K of Section 26-121 of the city code by removing yield signs on Abbey Road at its intersection with Kenneth Street and amending Schedule C of Section 26-121 by placing stop signs at that location.
* Amended Schedule H of Section 26-126 of the city code by placing electric traffic control signals at the intersection of Siemers and Lambert drives, Siemers Drive and Bloomfield Road, Mount Auburn and Bloomfield roads, and Mount Auburn Road at its intersection with the mall entrance and Doctor's Park entrance.
* Amended Schedule C of Section 26-121 of the city code, by repealing stop signs at Siemers Drive, Lambert Drive, Bloomfield Road and Mount Auburn Road, and amending Schedule E of Section 26-283 of the city code by repealing a four-way stop at Mount Auburn and Bloomfield roads.
* Approved the record plat of Dodd Place Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of HSCA Subdivision.
* Approved the record plat of Ashland Court Phase Five.
* Approved the record plat of Lynwood Hills South Subdivision.
* Named the South Main Parking Lot the Boardman-Hutson Memorial Parking Lot.
* Amended Schedule F of Section 26-247 of the city code by establishing a no-parking zone on a portion of Independence Street.
* Amended Schedule C of Section 26-121 by placing stop signs on Palomino Drive at its intersection with Kenneth Drive.
* Amended Chapter 23 of the city code relating to stormwater regulations.
* Amended Section 15-4 of the city code relating to the telephone business license tax.
* Made appointments to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
* Made appointments to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
* Made appointments to the Cable Television Advisory Committee.
* Approved the improvement plans for the construction of street, storm sewers, sanitary sewers and water main extension, to serve Arbor Heights 5th Subdivision in sewer district 14-R-3.
* Set a Dec. 4 public hearing for the request of Cloverdale Ranch LLC to rezone Lots 116 through 129, and 131 through 134, The Meadows of Whispering Oaks, from R-1, single-family residential district (zoning classification upon annexation), to R-3, multi-family residential district; or in the alternative, a motion setting a public hearing on the request.
* Filed the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny the request of James and Keisha McReynolds for a special-use permit for a group home day care for up to 20 children at 2533 Albert Rasche Drive, located in an R-1, single-family residential district, or in the alternative, a motion setting a public hearing on the request.