- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Melvin Dwight Jones, 23, of Anna died Friday, Oct. 20, 2006, at Union County Hospital.
He was born May 4, 1983, in Centralia, Ill., son of Robert J. Jr. and Wanda Kay Garrison Jones.
Jones was a 2001 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro Community High School and attended Shawnee Community College. He served four years in the U.S. Navy and was a member of the Illinois Army National Guard in Mount Vernon, Ill.
Survivors include his parents of Anna; a sister, Amanda Bethany Hewitt of Anna; and a brother, Robert J. Jones III of Carterville, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents and paternal grandfather.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Randy Wheaton officiating. Interment will be in Anna City Cemetery with full military honors given by the Military Honors Team of the Illinois Army National Guard.