- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Emily Meghan Bertrand and 1st Lt. Jon Frederick Wade were married Aug. 12, 2006, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson. Monsignor Edward Eftink performed the ceremony. Pianist was Jerry Ganiel and vocalist was Darlene Bullinger, both of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Cherri Bertrand and Harry Bertrand Jr., both of Jackson. The groom is the son of Pam Wade of Nashville, Tenn., and the late Kevin Wade of Billings, Mo.
Maid of honor was Laura Eftink of Gordonville. Bridesmaid was Rachel Buchheit of Jackson, cousin of the bride.
Steve Smith of Springfield, Mo., was best man. Groomsman was Andrew Bertrand of Jackson, brother of the bride. Ushers were Jordan Buchheit of Jackson and Brian Bage of Ballwin, Mo., cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Hailey Wade, daughter of Kasey and Chrissy Wade of Norfolk, Va., niece of the groom.
The reception was held at the church parish center.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 11 at the church.
Mrs. Wade is a 2003 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She received a degree in laser/photonics technology from Linn State Technical College in 2005. She owns and operates an online store geared toward military gifts.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Billings High School. He received a degree in military science from Wentworth Military Academy and Junior College in Lexington, Mo., and received a bachelor of science degree in criminology from Missouri State University in Springfield. He is operations officer for Joint Force Headquarters with Missouri National Guard, and will be attending Army flight school at Fort Rucker, Ala., later this year.
The couple resides in Springfield.