- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Helen L. Fadler Smith, 86, of Florissant, Mo., died Friday, Oct. 20, 2006, at Delmar Gardens Nursing Home in Florissant.
She was born April 16, 1920 at Patton, Mo., daughter of Charles M. and Etta Missouri Conrad Fadler. She and Paul E. Smith were married. He died April 14, 1991.
Smith was a bookkeeper and a member of Tyler Place Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include a son, Bryon Witherington of Florissant; two daughters, Deborah Clenney and Shelia Ballard, both of Florissant; a brother, Don Fadler of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Pearl Robinson of St. Louis; two grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from noon to 2 p.m. Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dennis Lindberg officiating. Burial will be in Patton Cemetery.