- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Richard "Dick" Philip Scheeter 85, of Chaffee left this earthly world to join the heavenly father on Friday morning, Oct. 20, 2006, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 2, 1921, in New Hamburg, Mo., son of Leo and Dora Goetz Scheeter. He and Beatrice V. Miller were united in holy matrimony on March 9, 1940. She preceded him in death on Dec. 28, 1989. He married Louise Johnson Kielhofner on July 5, 1997.
Scheeter was a veteran of World War II, proudly serving his country in the U.S. Army from 1944 to 1946. He was a dedicated employee of Florsheim Shoe Co., working there from 1940 to 1983. He was a member of the Chaffee Elks Lodge, VFW and the American Legion. He was a faithful member of the St. Ambrose Catholic Church.
He is survived by his loving wife, Louise; his doting daughter and son-in-law, Corena Ann (Miller) and Tom Ressel of Kelso, Mo.; stepdaughter, Janet Grooms of Morley, Mo.; four adoring grandchildren and their spouses, Cheryl and David Westermann of Colorado Springs, Colo., Patty and Ron Schaefer of Scott City, Rick and Amy Miller of Plainfield, Ill., and Rob and Susan Miller of Arnold, Mo.; a stepgrandchild and her spouse, Cindy and Jeff Reese of Cape Girardeau; 12 great-grandchildren, Daniel (Bonnie) Westermann of St. Louis, Mo., Ashley (John) Brumfield of San Diego, Calif., Christopher and Bradley Westermann of Colorado Springs, Kristin, Matthew, Lauren and Garett Schaefer of Scott City, Carson and Cailyn Miller of Plainfield, Megan and Colton Miller of Arnold, Mo.; a stepgreat-grandchild, Katrina Trentham of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Charlene Morgan of Kansas City, Mo., Dottie (Charlie) Vickery of Chaffee; many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and nephews; and a very dear friend and buddy, Ray Wagoner of Chaffee.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his first wife; a son-in-law, Frank Miller; and a sister, La Vera Bucher Schwartz.
Scheeter will always be remembered for the love and devotion he gave his family and the many, many things he taught us during his lifetime: Family and God are the most important things in life; work hard and always appreciate what you have; and Ford vehicles are the best. His friends and family will always remember his love for euchre, country music and dancing at Stroder's, his love for the farm he once owned, mowing yards and always working outdoors, family get-togethers, and his unending energy and drive for perfection that allowed him to live his life doing the things he loved to the very end.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee from 2 p.m. today; parish prayers at 6:30 p.m.
The funeral Mass will be celebrated at St. Ambrose Catholic Church on Monday, Oct. 23, 2006, at 10 a.m with the Revs. Ralph Duffner and Oliver Clavin officiating. Interment will be at St. Ambrose Parish Cemetery with full military honors.