- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape police investigate shooting of man
Cape Girardeau police responded Monday afternoon to a shooting in a southside neighborhood.
The victim, a male in his mid 20s, did not receive a life-threatening wound but was treated a local hospital, said Cpl. David Sanders. The incident occurred shortly before 5:30 p.m. As of late Monday, police had not apprehended the shooter, reportedly male. Investigators believe the two men were acquainted with one another, Sanders said.
No further information could be released at the time, as the investigation is ongoing, he said.