- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Annis Lou Short, 96, of Jackson died Thursday, Oct. 19, 2006, at Jackson Manor.
She was born Jan. 29, 1910, at Burfordville, daughter of William Frank and Virginia Wynona Smith Helderman. She and Linus Short were married April 15, 1951. He died Dec. 30, 1976.
Mrs. Short attended Link School. She had worked at International Shoe Co. in Perryville, Mo., and Jackson.
She was a former member of Pleasant Hill Presbyterian Church at Fruitland, transferring to First Presbyterian Church in Jackson in 1982. She was a member of Esther Circle and Byrds Creek Neighborhood Club.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Billy R. and Cathy Miller of Jackson; six grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and five sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Jonell McNeely officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Pleasant Hill Cemetery Fund.