- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BLODGETT, Mo. -- Samuel Lee "Sam" Branson, 79, of Jackson, Miss., died Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2006, at Central Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
He was born Oct. 9, 1927, at Blodgett, son of John Samuel and Crealia Lee Chapell Branson. He married Olean Newell, who died Aug. 14, 2006.
Mr. Branson retired from Dairyman Inc. after 31 years, and was a member of Woodville Heights Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, John F. Branson of Mississippi, Bill Branson of Auburn, Ga.; a daughter, Charlotte M. Rushing of Tampa, Fla.; a sister-in-law, Nancy Branson of Oran, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter and a brother.
Visitation will be after 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Robert C. "Bob" Bowen officiating. Burial will follow in Garden of Memories Cemetery.