- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
BLODGETT, Mo. -- Samuel Lee "Sam" Branson, 79, of Jackson, Miss., died Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2006, at Central Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
He was born Oct. 9, 1927, at Blodgett, son of John Samuel and Crealia Lee Chapell Branson. He married Olean Newell, who died Aug. 14, 2006.
Mr. Branson retired from Dairyman Inc. after 31 years, and was a member of Woodville Heights Baptist Church.
Survivors include two sons, John F. Branson of Mississippi, Bill Branson of Auburn, Ga.; a daughter, Charlotte M. Rushing of Tampa, Fla.; a sister-in-law, Nancy Branson of Oran, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter and a brother.
Visitation will be after 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Robert C. "Bob" Bowen officiating. Burial will follow in Garden of Memories Cemetery.