- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Good news from Cairo is overlooked
To the editor:
On Oct. 7 I had the opportunity to attend Cairo's Riverboat Festival parade followed by a debutante pageant that evening at the armory building in downtown Cairo. Both were beautiful and well-attended.
We always hear the bad things about Cairo, so I wanted to point out a nice occasion happening there. I was disappointed, to say the least, to notice not one TV camera was there. Why do we hear and see only the bad news regarding Cairo? There are many good things overlooked.
DeANNA DUNN, Jackson