- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Good news from Cairo is overlooked
To the editor:
On Oct. 7 I had the opportunity to attend Cairo's Riverboat Festival parade followed by a debutante pageant that evening at the armory building in downtown Cairo. Both were beautiful and well-attended.
We always hear the bad things about Cairo, so I wanted to point out a nice occasion happening there. I was disappointed, to say the least, to notice not one TV camera was there. Why do we hear and see only the bad news regarding Cairo? There are many good things overlooked.
DeANNA DUNN, Jackson