- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Good news from Cairo is overlooked
To the editor:
On Oct. 7 I had the opportunity to attend Cairo's Riverboat Festival parade followed by a debutante pageant that evening at the armory building in downtown Cairo. Both were beautiful and well-attended.
We always hear the bad things about Cairo, so I wanted to point out a nice occasion happening there. I was disappointed, to say the least, to notice not one TV camera was there. Why do we hear and see only the bad news regarding Cairo? There are many good things overlooked.
DeANNA DUNN, Jackson