- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Good news from Cairo is overlooked
To the editor:
On Oct. 7 I had the opportunity to attend Cairo's Riverboat Festival parade followed by a debutante pageant that evening at the armory building in downtown Cairo. Both were beautiful and well-attended.
We always hear the bad things about Cairo, so I wanted to point out a nice occasion happening there. I was disappointed, to say the least, to notice not one TV camera was there. Why do we hear and see only the bad news regarding Cairo? There are many good things overlooked.
DeANNA DUNN, Jackson