- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)5
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)10
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Good news from Cairo is overlooked
To the editor:
On Oct. 7 I had the opportunity to attend Cairo's Riverboat Festival parade followed by a debutante pageant that evening at the armory building in downtown Cairo. Both were beautiful and well-attended.
We always hear the bad things about Cairo, so I wanted to point out a nice occasion happening there. I was disappointed, to say the least, to notice not one TV camera was there. Why do we hear and see only the bad news regarding Cairo? There are many good things overlooked.
DeANNA DUNN, Jackson