- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)50
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Notre Dame volleyball team spoils senior night at Leopold
Notre Dame continued its narrow mastery over Leopold, winning for the fourth straight time as the traditional powers matched up again in the final week of the regular season.
The Bulldogs pulled out a 25-22, 25-22 victory in a meeting between programs with 25 combined district titles.
Class 3 Notre Dame (17-10-2) won for just the second time in school history at Class 1 Leopold, where the Wildcats honored their seniors.
Meridith Medlin had 19 assists to become Notre Dame's single-season record holder. Ashley Nenninger had 11 kills and Claire Goodson added six. Destiny Dirnberger had 13 digs, two kills and two blocks, while Haley Bohnert added 12 digs and Emily Blattel had four service aces.
"Destiny Dirnberger played the best defensive game of her career," Notre Dame coach Tara Stroup said. "She was all over the place."
For the Wildcats (24-3), Maddy Hutchings had 25 kills, Janice Jansen had six digs and Erin Woodfin had eight blocks.
JV -- Leopold won 25-19, 25-20; Freshman -- Notre Dame won 25-15, 25-18.
Central celebrated senior night with a home victory.
Kristen Shirrell had 13 assists and 11 service points, while Carissa Wheeler led the team in kills with six and assists with six. Kyla Valleroy added four assists.
The Tigers improved to 18-4-2.
JV -- Central won 25-9, 25-5.
|Poplar Bluff||25||21||25 Jackson||21||25||20|
The Indians lost at home to Poplar Bluff.
Katelyn James had 15 kills, Chelsea Olson had 15 assists, Chelsea Dale served four aces, Randi Kraust had eight digs and Kelly James had five blocks for the Indians (11-15).
JV -- Jackson won 24-26, 25-15, 25-19; Freshman -- Poplar Bluff won 25-22, 25-13.
-- From staff reports