- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Lorraine Elias, 84, of Cairo died Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2006, at Life Care Center Nursing Home in LaCenter, Ky.
She was born Sept. 7, 1922, in Cairo, daughter of Lafey and Lillie Khourie. She married Henry S. Elias Sr.
Elias was part owner of Elias Family Center in Cairo until she retired. She was a member of Mighty River Regional Worship Center, where she was a Sunday school teacher, member of the Amico Club and the Alethean Class.
Survivors include a son, Henry Elias of Wickliffe, Ky.; a daughter, Beverly Elias of Jacksonville Beach, Fla.; and two granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, five sisters and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo, and from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday at Mighty Rivers Worship Center.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with Dr. Larry L. Potts officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.