- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
APPLE CREEK, Mo. -- Leona G. Winkler, 84, of Apple Creek died Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2006, at Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville, Mo.
She was born June 12, 1922, at Apple Creek, daughter of Felix J. and Helen Schrempp Rellergert. She and Gerald L. Wibbenmeyer were married Aug. 2, 1950. He died Nov. 12, 1965. She later married Art Winkler Aug. 22, 1970. He died in November 1999.
Winkler was a clerk 23 years at Wibbenmeyer Store in Old Appleton. She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church and the Ladies of St. Joseph.
Survivors include two daughters, Helen Bailey of Muscatine, Iowa, Janet Tiehes of Apple Creek; five brothers, Robert Rellergert of Marble Hill, Mo., Aloysius Rellergert of St. Louis, Leo Rellergert of Perryville, Charles Rellergert of Jackson, Linus Rellergert of Apple Creek; two sisters, Dorothy Wibbenmeyer of Apple Creek, Margaret Wibbenmeyer of Peoria, Ill.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville, and from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday. The wake will be at 5 p.m. today. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Catholic Church at Apple Creek, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in St. Michael's Cemetery at Apple Creek.