- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mary G. Taflinger, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2006, at Fountainbleau Lodge. She was formerly of Effingham, Ill.
She was born Sept. 2, 1909, in Allerton, Ill., daughter of James C. and Ella Daughtery Dodd. She married Russell A. Taflinger, who preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons, Robert A. Taflinger of Moline, Ill., and James F. Taflinger of Miller City, Ill.
Arrangements are incomplete. The funeral will be in Effingham.
Announcement courtesy of Ford and Sons Funeral Home.