- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MAKANDA, Ill. -- Terry Wayne Thorn, 53, of Makanda died Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2006, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born Dec. 1, 1952, in Wood River, Ill., son of James Ira and Georgia Helen Livers Thorn.
Thorn had been an asphalt supervisor with E.T. Simonds. He was a member of the United Methodist Church in Anna, and had worked with the youth. He was a musician and a member of a bluegrass group.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his mother of Makanda; three brothers, Ronald Thorn of Makanda, Gary Thorn of Marion, Ill., and his twin, Larry Thorn of Anna.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Allen Campbell and Geoff Bond officiating. Burial will be in Ebenezer Hall Cemetery.